White Lightning BBQ Sauce
You'll forget all about the typical "red" BBQ sauce when you try my special BBQ sauce. Perfect for pulled pork or shredded chicken sandwiches.
- 1 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb. Minerva Dairy Smoked Butter
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup beer (recommended: Carolina Blonde)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 oz. (shot) Moonshine (recommended: Catdaddy)
- 1 tsp. Louisiana-style hot sauce (optional)
In a saucepan, stir together Dijon mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, and beer. Season with dry ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, Minerva Dairy Smoked Butter, and
Moonshine (away from flame) and simmer for 15-20 more minutes. If more heat is desired, add hot sauce. Seal in a jar and keep in the refrigerator over night to let the flavors blend.
Serve with pulled pork, smoked chicken, or brisket. Moonshine can be omitted for a great East Carolina-style BBQ sauce.