Steak Sandwich with Caramelized Onions
We've taken the classic steak sandwich and kicked it up a notch with our premium Gouda cheese.
- 1 lb. Sirloin Steak sliced thin
- 1 medium Vidalia Onion sliced into rings
- 3/4 cups Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 crusty Baguette
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter divided in half
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- 4 slices Minerva Dairy Gouda Cheese
- Sea Salt and cracked Black Pepper to taste
Start by caramelizing the onions. In a skillet, add Olive Oil and cook onions till soft. Add water, brown sugar, and vinegar, simmering & stirring until liquid is evaporated and onions have color. Add 1/4 cup Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter and stir until melted and mixed through.
In a separate skillet, melt 1/4 cup Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter over medium heat. Add steak slices, season with sea salt and pepper and cook to desired doneness (for medium rare, about 2 minutes). Remove steak sliced and set aside. Add garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook until soft, careful not to burn the garlic. Add steak back in and combine.
Cut baguette length-wise and smear with remaining 2 Tbsp. of Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter. Toast face down.
Assemble sandwich by placing steak/mushroom on baguette topped with caramelized onions and green pepper and then Gouda Cheese.