Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick Minerva butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup fat-free half and half
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in cold butter using a pastry cutter, your fingers or a food processor until it resembles coarse crumbs. There can be some small pieces of butter left that didn’t get mixed in all the way.
- Add spinach, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion to flour-butter mixture. Toss to mix.
- Stir in half and half until all ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms. I like to use my hands to knead the ingredients together. Note: If the dough is too crumbly, add a little more half and half. Be very careful with adding extra as you do not want a wet dough.
- Divide dough into 10 portions, roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 1-2″ apart.
- Bake immediately, while dough is still cold, for 13 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- Cook on rack or serve warm.