Prep Time: 90 Minutes
- Baking spray with flour
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted Minerva Dairy butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest (2 oranges)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Prepare two load pans (8½x4½x2½) with flour baking spray and coat evenly on all sides. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, while tilting the pans to evenly coat the edges with sugar. This will act as a sugar crust. Set aside.
- Combine your cake flour and salt together, in a sifter. Pass the mixture from one bowl into the other three times.
- Using an electric mixer or hand mixer, beat your unsalted Minerva Dairy butter and granulated sugar on a medium speed for five minutes. It will be light yellow and fluffy.
- With the mixer on a medium-low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and orange zest. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture while alternating with the cream. Begin and end with the flour mixture and scrape the sides after each addition. Beat on a medium speed for three minutes after adding the remaining of the flour mixture.
- Pour your batter evenly into prepared pans and smooth the top.
- Place the pound cake loaves into a cold oven. Turn the oven on to 350º and bake for 50-55 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Carefully, flip over each loaf onto a cutting board. Once completely cooled, cut 1 inch thick slices. Serve with whipped topping, berries, or chocolate ganache.