Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or using a hand mixer, combine Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is combined. Then, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined, about 1 minute. Add chocolate chips or chunks and mix into dough using a wooden spoon or by hand. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 5 days, before baking.*
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat or spray with cooking spray. Drop loosely packed, 1 tablespoon size, mounds of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set (even if slightly undercooked, pale and glossy in the center). Do not bake longer than 10 minutes as cookies will firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.