Prep Time: 75 Minutes
- 1 Tbsp Minerva Garlic Butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 1/2 stick Minerva Garlic Butter, melted
- 1 loaf of Crusty French Bread (12 ounces)
- 1 Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups Half & Half
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Pinch of Nutmeg (optional)
- 6 ounces Ham, thinly sliced
- 4 cups White Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Cut bread into cubes and toss together with melted butter. Bake for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Turn heat down to 350F.
- Saute onion in olive oil until softened.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, thyme leaves and nutmeg in large mixing bowl.
- Place toasted bread in a buttered baking dish and toss together with onions, ham and 3 cups white cheddar.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and press down on the bread to ensure all cubes are soaking up the custard. Top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean. I recommend letting it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.