Prep Time: 60 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces cooked Italian sausage drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 ounce pepperoni chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Mix all dry ingredients together with a whisk, including herbs.
- Add butter to flour mixture, using a pastry cutter or your hands.
- Add in cheese, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, sausage, pepperoni.
- Add in buttermilk with a wooden spoon. Mixture should still be very sticky.
- Pat into a round about 7 inches in diameter. Depending on size of your biscuit cutter, you will get from 8 to 10 biscuits.
- Arrange them in a circle, touching each other.
- Bake at 450 degrees F, 230 C for 15 minutes.
Tip: You can make buttermilk by adding 1 teaspoon white vinegar to whole milk.