Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 pound potato gnocchi, you may make your own if you wish
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Butter Sage Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Garlic & Herb Butter
- 6 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Cook, stirring until the butter develops brown flecks and smells nutty. Watch it closely to keep the butter solids from burning. Turn down the heat and add sage and fry it for 30 to 40 seconds. This takes a few minutes or less so be close by. Transfer the butter and sage to another bowl.
- Bring a larger pot of salted water to a roiling boil then add the gnocchi. When it floats to the surface it is done. Allow it for about half a minute more in the boiling water before removing the gnocchi from water.
- Scoop the gnocchi from the pot with a spider or slotted spoon, transfer to the skillet and toss until some of the brown-butter flecks stick to the gnocchi. Be careful and stay a bit back.
- Pour over brown butter and sage and keep tossing gnocchi.
- Add a few tablespoons of the gnocchi cooking water and a gentle squeeze of lemon, about 1 teaspoon or so; toss again.
- Remove from the heat and add half of the cheese. Divide among bowls and top with the cheese.
- Serve it with bowl of greens such as Caesar salad.