Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the applies – about 1/4-inch slices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt. Add the apples and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to coat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the applies until tender to your liking – stirring frequently.