Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup Minerva Dairy unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 oz dark rum, per cocktail
- 3/4 cup hot water (200°-205°F recommended), per cocktail
- Cinnamon sticks or star anise, for garnish
- For the Hot Buttered Rum Batter: In a mixing bowl, add the room temperature butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Using an electric hand mixer, beat together until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to assemble the cocktails.
- For a cocktail: Add 2 Tbsp of the spice batter to a mug. Add 2 oz of dark rum and top with 3/4 cup hot water. Stir until combined. Garnish with a cinnamon stick as desired and serve immediately. Repeat with additional mugs as needed.
- The batter makes enough for 4 cocktails.
- You can prepare the spice batter ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Other variations: replace the hot water with hot apple cider; top with whipped cream.
- The mugs in the photos have 1 1/2 servings each.