Prep Time: 120 Minutes
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups ginger snap cookies, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted Minerva Dairy butter, melted
Sweet Potato Filling:
- 2 medium cooked sweet potatoes, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup unsalted Minerva Dairy butter, softened
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Marshmallow Creme Meringue:
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 (7 ounce jar) marshmallow creme
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed cookies and graham crackers. Add butter and mix to combine. Crumbs should form a ball when squeezed in the palm of your hand. If not, add additional melted butter one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Press crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of one 9-inch fluted tart pan or six 4.75-inch mini fluted tart pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is set. Remove crust from the oven and allow to cool.
For the Sweet Potato Filling:
- Combine mashed potatoes and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix at medium speed until blended.
- Pour in the milk.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, sugars, flour, and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into the cooled crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour until the center is set and no longer wobbly.
For the Marshmallow Meringue:
- While tart is baking, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, salt and sugar at medium high speed using an electric mixer. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the marshmallow creme. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread or pipe the meringue over the tart, making sure to seal edges. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes until the meringue is golden