Prep Time: 80 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pound lean breakfast sausage
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook for 6 minutes and then remove.
- While vegetables are cooking, add sausage to a skillet and brown. Discard any grease.
- Place cubed bread down into a casserole dish. Pour sausage and vegetables to the top of the bread. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream of mushroom and milk. Mix well and then pour over sausage and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or up to 1 hour.