Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup beer (recommended: Carolina Blonde)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lb. Minerva Dairy Smoked Maple Wood Butter
- 1 1/2 oz. (shot) Moonshine (recommended: Catdaddy)
- 1 tsp. Louisiana-style hot sauce (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together Dijon mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, and beer. Add chili powder, black pepper, white pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to simmer. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, Minerva Dairy Smoked Maple Wood Butter, and Moonshine* (away from flame) and simmer for 15-20 more minutes.
- If more heat is desired, add hot sauce. Seal in a jar and keep in the refrigerator overnight to let the flavors blend.
- Serve with pulled pork, smoked chicken, or brisket.
*Moonshine can be omitted for a great East Carolina-style BBQ sauce