Prep Time: 120 Minutes
- 5-6 lb. whole chicken
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons Minerva Sea Salt Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Lower the rack in your oven, and preheat to 375°F.
- Pat the chicken dry and remove giblets.
- Stuff with the quartered apple and onion, then truss the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a roasting pan (or a lined baking sheet.)
- Mix the butter, Sriracha and seasonings in a bowl.
- Spread the seasoned butter beneath the skin and on top of the chicken.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove the foil, roasting for another 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and its internal temperature is 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest uncovered before carving.
- If you want, make pan gravy. Combine 1/3 cup of the pan drippings with 2 tablespoons flour. Stir until combined, then slowly pour in cup of chicken broth. Cook until thickened.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite sides and the pan gravy.