Balsamic Cod with Caprese Salad Print
Flavors are elevated in this balsamic cod with caprese salad recipe.
Prep Time:25 minutes
- 2 cod filets
- 3 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 lb. Minerva Dairy Farmers Butter Cheese, diced
- 1/2 lb. baby spinach
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons good vinaigrette
- In a shallow dish, marinade the cod in the balsamic for 10 minutes.
- Build and toss salad with all ingredients, chilling after.
- In another small dish, combine flour, corn starch, sea salt and black pepper.
- Melt garlic herb butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the cod in the dry ingredients (covering well) and shake off any excess.
- Once butter starts to foam, place both pieces in and cook until a crust forms on bottom - make sure you constantly spoon foaming butter over top.
- Flip and repeat.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Serve over salad.