Beef Stew Print
This tender and succulent slow-cooked stew is sure to bring the crowd running when you lift the lid! Great served alone, over biscuits or noodles.
Prep Time:7 hours
- 3 lbs. Stew Meat (Beef)
- 5 Carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 4 stalks Celery, sliced 1/4 inch
- 2 Vidalia Onions, large dices
- 1 can condensed French Onion Soup
- 2 jars whole Mushrooms, drained
- 2 lbs. Baby Red Potatoes, cleaned and halved
- 32 oz. Beef Stock
- 1 cup Red Wine (Darkhorse Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 3 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Smoked Maple Wood Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Beef Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Celery Salt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Combine stew meat, 1/4 cup flour, 1 Tbsp. corn starch, onion powder, black pepper, and celery salt.
- In batches, brown stew meat in pan with Smoked Butter.
- Place browned stew meat into crock pot and add 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter into same pan with onions, carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Saute until onions are soft. Place all into crock pot with stew meat.
- Deglaze pan with red wine and add mushrooms to soak up a little wine. Add to crock pot along with can of French onion soup, beef bouillon, beef stock, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, 1/2 cup of water and stir & cook for 6 hours on low.
- Just prior to serving, thicken broth by making a slurry with 2 Tbsp. corn starch and 1 cup of water. Whisk together and add to crock pot and stir. Cook for 1/2 hour longer until sauce thickens. Serve alone or over biscuits, noodles, etc.