Buckwheat Crepes with Pumpkin Ricotta Print
Celebrate fall with this savory creation - pumpkin ricotta filling in a buckwheat crepe, a tasty and gluten-free alternative to the traditional crepe.
Prep Time:30 minutes
- 6 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Maple Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups baker's whole milk
- 3 Eggs
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie extract
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, sugar and salt.
- Next, pour in the flours and blend.
- Finally, slowly, add the melted butter and blend till smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator and store for 2 hours or overnight.
- Make the crepes by taking a little of the Amish roll butter and slightly coat a hot skillet with a bit place 1/4 cup of the batter in the center of the pan and turn the pan and roll the batter to make a thin coating all over the pan. The edges will pull away - carefully flip and cook the other side.
- Place about 2 tablespoons (more if rolling the crepes) of the filling on the crepes and fold into triangles.
- Powder 3 filled crepes with confectioners sugar and serve immediately.