Cheesy Potato Casserole Print
This delicious classic is sure to compliment any entrée that you cook up!
Prep Time:1 hour
- 1/2 cup Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter
- 1 lb. Minerva Dairy Smoked Maple Wood Raw Milk Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup Minerva Dairy Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 4 cups Red Potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 White Onion (chopped fine in a food processor)
- 2 cups Baker's Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1/2 lb. Bacon, diced and rendered
- 1/2 tsp. Celery Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Paprika
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place potatoes and 2 Tbsp. of sea salt in large pot and cover with water. Boil until al dente. While the Potatoes are boiling, dice and render the bacon in a pan, place on paper-towel lined plate to cool. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour to make a blonde roux. Add the milk and cheese and whisk until smooth on low heat. Stir in the onions and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are al dente, drain and place in a bowl with celery salt and black pepper and dust with Corn Starch (this will help thicken the Casserole) - stir until potatoes are coated but not too much so they don't break.
- Combine the potato mixture with the cheese sauce. Place into a casserole dish and top with shredded Gouda and dust with paprika. Bake for 40 minutes until golden and bubbly. Top with bacon "bits"" and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving."