Farmer’s Slow Cooker Breakfast Print
Everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day … but it’s also the most delicious! This slow cooker breakfast is the proof, and we’re betting you’ll fall in love with it whether you’re a farmer or not.
Prep Time:60 minutes
- 1/2 bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 8 fresh eggs
- 1lb. Whole-Hog Breakfast Sausage, browned
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lb. Minerva Dairy Farmer's Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 lb. Minerva Dairy Raw Milk Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 lb. Minerva Dairy Smoked Gouda, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Garlic and Herb Butter
- 2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt (sour cream can be substituted)
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried mustard
- In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, green onion, 3/4 of the shredded cheeses (reserve 1/4 of it for topping), dried mustard, sea salt, black pepper and the frozen hash browns.
- Set your slow cooker to 185 degrees and melt the Garlic and Herb Butter. Place the hash brown/cheese mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker and add the browned sausage.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and Greek yogurt together well. Pour over the sausage and shake the slow cooker a little to make sure the egg mixture combines well. Top with remaining cheeses and cook on 185 degrees for 8 hours. Serve and enjoy!