Four Cheese Cream of Brussels Sprout Soup Print
Picky eaters, be gone! Your family won’t turn their noses up at these Brussels sprouts. This soup is comforting, warm, creamy and all-around-delicious.
Prep Time:120 minutes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 gallon Baker's Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Garlic and Herb Butter
- 1/2 cup shallots, mince
- 1/4 cup parma ham, diced small
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, leaves only
- 8 oz. Minerva Dairy Farmer's Butter Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Minerva Dairy Muenster Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Minerva Dairy Raw Milk Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Minerva Dairy Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp. dried mustard
- 2 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- In a large sauce pan, melt the Amish Roll Butter over low heat and add milk. Stir to combine. Turn heat to medium-low and watch to make sure it doesn't boil.
- Add cheese in a handful at a time and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a slow cooker, set temperature/mode to Sauté and add the Garlic and Herb Butter, shallots, Brussels sprouts, and parma ham. Cook until fragrant and onions are translucent. Add the white wine, dried mustard, and chicken stock. Change setting to simmer. Add the stir attachment.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, remove stir attachment, and then slowly add in the milk/cheese combination and fresh oregano. Stir to combine and simmer for another 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded Minerva Dairy Raw Milk Cheddar and your favorite crackers.