Jerk Lobster with Roasted Pineapple Salsa Print
Spice up dinner with jerk lobster and grilled pineapple salsa!
Prep Time:25 minutes
- 1 1/2" piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, diced fine
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground all-spice
- 3 lobster tails, cut in half (length-wise)
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Unsalted Amish Roll Butter, melted
- 1 fresh pineapple, skinned
- 1 white onion, diced and sliced into 1" slices
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon Minerva Dairy Unsalted Amish Roll Butter, melted
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir - keep at room temperature.
- In a 400F oven, roast pineapple slices that have been brushed with unsalted butter.
- Let cool once roasted and dice into salsa bowl, then stir.
- Combine all ingredients except one tablespoon of unsalted butter and lobster. Stir to combine.
- Dredge the lobster tail halves in the jerk marinade and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the remaining butter into a large frying pan or brush on grates of grill pan.
- Place each lobster tail half in pan, flesh side down, and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Flip and cook other side. Then, remove from shells and plat over some of the jerk marinade.
- Spoon some of the salsa over each tail.
- Reserve remaining jerk marinade for a cocktail sauce.