Keto-friendly Philly Cheesesteak Bombs Print
Philly cheesesteak here you come, but with a delicious upgrade!
Prep Time:45 minutes
- 1 boneless strip steak, seared, rested and sliced
- 4 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter
- 1/2 onion, sliced into straws
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soft cream cheese
- 1/4 lb. Minerva Dairy Smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bell peppers, 1/3 of the slices removed, seeded and cleaned (slice the remaining and reserve)
- Sear the steak in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and let rest.
- Add remaining butter to the pan and melt. Over medium heat, cook the onions, garlic, peppers and mushrooms until soft.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and cook for a few additional minutes.
- Assemble the peppers by placing a tablespoon of cream cheese in the bottom of each pepper, along with a pinch of smoked gouda.
- Slice the steak and put a layer of it over the cheese mixture.
- Add a layer of veggies, then another layer of steak slices.
- Add the remaining veggies and top with the rest of the smoked gouda.
- Bake in a 400F oven until pepper just starts to soften and cheese becomes a golden brown.