Keto-friendly Pizza Bombs Print
Looking for a way to stick to Keto and still get your pizza fix? Voila!
Prep Time:20 minutes
- 1/2 lb. Minerva Dairy Farmers Butter Cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces soft cream cheese
- 36 slices deli sandwich pepperoni (the thinner the better)
- 12 mushroom slices (approximately 1/4" thick)
- 1/2 onion, diced fine
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1/4 lb. cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 banana pepper rings (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place 3 slices of pepperoni in each spot on a muffin tin - fan them out and pack in to form cups.
- Place a slice of mushroom in the bottom of each cup - it helps to hold down the pepperoni and soaks up some of the "juice".
- Place in oven and back until edges are starting to brown.
- While pepperoni cups are baking, combine the cheeses in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, onion, red bell pepper, oregano and garlic.
- Remove the pepperoni cups once the edges start to brown and place about 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each cup.
- Top with the veggie mixture and a banana pepper (optional).
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the tops are starting to turn golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before removing each cup to a cooling rack.
- Place paper towels under the cooling each to catch any excess grease. Serve warm.