Keto-friendly Vegetarian Eggplant Parmesan Print
This low-carb eggplant parmesan dish packs a ton of flavor, but still fits a healthier way of eating.
Prep Time:1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 large eggplant, skinned and cut into 1/4 slices
- 6 ounces Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, divided
- 2 cups flax chia blend
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups low-carb marinara sauce
- 1 large spaghetti squash, split in half and cleaned
- 4 slices Minerva Dairy Farmers Butter Cheese
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season spaghetti squash with half of the sea salt and black pepper.
- Spoon melted butter over spaghetti squash and bake for one hour.
- In the last 20 minutes, mix the chia flax blend with Parmesan, granulated garlic and the remaining sea salt and black pepper.
- Dredge each slice of eggplant in the egg and then the flax chia mixture - over completely.
- Place on baking rack over a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of baking, spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara over each eggplant slice and top with slices of cheese.
- Remove the spaghetti squash and (using a fork) separate from skin and fluff in a bowl - let cool.
- To assemble, divide the spaghetti squash onto 4 plates, divide the remaining marinara over squash and then top with eggplant.
- Serve Immediately.
Creative Tip: By letting the spaghetti squash cool, it won't get watered down and mushy when sauced.