Lemon Bars Print
Not too sweet and not too tart, this made-from-scratch recipe is a classic and nostalgic holiday treat.
Prep Time:60 Minutes
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 cup Minerva Dairy Butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Sift together the two cups of flour and confectioners sugar.
- Cut in butter until the mixture clings together.
- Press in 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan and bake at 350F for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Beat together eggs, granulated sugar and lemon juice. Sift together the 1/4 cup flour and baking powder, and stir into egg mixture.
- Pour over baked crust. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional confectioners sugar. Cool, cut into bars and serve.