Lemon Basil Baked Ziti Print
This creamy lemon basil pasta is a rich, yet fresh, pasta dish!
Prep Time:1 hour 40 minutes
- 4 ounces Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter (plus 1 tablespoon to grease baking dish)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb. ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter, melted
- 6 ounces pancetta, chopped and browned
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups half-n-half
- 1 container seasoned croutons (pulsed in a food processor)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan (another 1/3 cup grated Parmesan set aside)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups Minerva Dairy Farmers Butter Cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta until al dente. In a sauce pan, melt the amish roll butter and add the flour. Whisk until smooth. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the half-n-half, sea salt, black pepper, 3/4 cup Parmesan and nutmeg - stir. As it starts to thicken, add the lemon zest. Stir, and turn off heat.
- In a food processor, pulse the croutons until they become crumbs and add in the 1/3 cup of Parmesan - combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, place cooked pasta, sauce, chopped herbs, cooked pancetta and lemon juice - stir to combine well.
- Pour into 9"x13" greased baking pan and top with crouton mixture. Drizzle with melted garlic herb butter and bake at 350F until bubbly and golden brown.