Mung Bean Hummus Print
This homemade hummus with chili-infused sesame oil hummus is perfect for sharing. If you’re not familiar with mung bean, it’s a super-food – high in protein, low in calories, packed with antioxidants, and slightly sweet in flavor. Dipping and spreading are encouraged.
- 2 tablespoons Amish Roll Butter
- 1/2 cup ginger, grated
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili-sesame oil, for topping
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 cups mung beans, dry
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cups water
- Melt butter in stock pot over medium heat and add sea salt, garlic and ginger - saute.
- Place dry mung beans into the pan and stir.
- Add enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook until mung beans are soft - add water to keep covered and to not dry out the top.
- When they are soft, let cool slightly and add to food processor.
- Add the lemon juice and sesame oil - pulse in food processor until smooth.
- Serve with Pita chips or carrots and top with chili oil.