Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes Print
Not a morning person? You will be after waking up to the smell of these old-fashioned pancakes cooking on the griddle! Top ‘em with our Maple Syrup Amish Roll Butter and say “good morning!”
Prep Time:30 minutes
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Minerva Dairy Maple Syrup Butter (plus more for spreading on pancakes)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool down slightly.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine all dry ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, vanilla, ground cinnamon and egg. Whisk to combine. Add melted butter and whisk again.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking and stirring to mix it all together. Once it's combined, stop mixing. If you over-mix, your pancakes will become too dense.
- Set pancake batter aside and heat a large skillet griddle over medium-low heat. Add a little bit of butter to the preheated griddle and spread it out.
- Use a 1/4 or 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle or skillet. Slowly pour it onto the surface, circling outwards to make a round circle.
- Let the pancakes cook about 2-3 minutes. You'll notice bubbles popping up on the surface of the pancake, if the edges look set, carefully flip pancakes over. Cook another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove to a plate and cover with a kitchen towel. Alternatively, you can place the pancakes on a baking sheet and keep it in a low heat oven (175-200 degrees), until you're ready to serve.