Pie Crust Print
This home-made pie crust recipe is a simple way to impress your guests! Create it with our Cinnamon Honey Butter for a delightuful - and yummy - twist.
Prep Time:30 minutes
- 8 ounces Minerva Dairy Cinnamon Honey Butter (or Minerva Dairy Unsalted Amish Roll Butter)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Vodka (Tito's, cold from the freezer)
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- The butter should come straight from the fridge - it needs to be cold.
- Mix together flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut in the small pieces of butter with a fork until mixed in.
- Add cold Vodka and mix with a fork into a ball.
- Flatten the ball on wax paper.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Remove and roll out for pie.
- Comments: This crust can be kept in the fridge up to three days. The Cinnamon Honey version is perfect for a fruit-based pie. If you're in a time-pinch, simply use a 10" flour tortilla. All that needs to be done is: spray the pan with Pam, drop in the tortilla, lightly brush it with melted butter (about 2 ounces) and pour in the pie filling - works best with Pumpkin.