Shiitake Mushroom & Leek Cream Sauce Print
Prep Time:20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Amish Roll Butter
- 1 small leek, sliced (white part only) thin
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Melt butter in saucepan and add leeks, ginger and garlic.
- Saute until fragrant and add the flour, sea salt and black pepper.
- Stir to start a roux.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the mushrooms, lemon zest, soy sauce and chicken stock.
- Stir to combine and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Serve over smoky scallops.
- Add a side of homemade saffron rice.