Slow Cooker Country Boil Print
Say “hello” to summer flavor at any time of the year! All you need is a picnic blanket and plenty of napkins.
Prep Time:5 hours
- 1 lb. raw, peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1 lb. mussels
- 1 lb. baby white potatoes, halved
- 8 oz. Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter
- 14 oz. chicken stock
- 1 white onion, cut into eighths
- 2 Tbsp. cajun seasoning of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb. little neck clams
- 1 lb. Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 3 ears of sweet corn, cut into thirds
- 1 lemon, halved (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 stalks of celery, diced thick
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- In a large slow cooker, set on high heat. Add onions, celery, sausage, Garlic Herb Butter, potatoes, corn, lemon, cajun seasoning, chicken stock, white wine, and all other seasonings - stir to combine.
- Cook for approximately 3 hours, stirring occasionally. After potatoes become tender when poked with a fork, add the seafood, and two cups of water (enough to cover seafood). Cook for 30 minutes.
- This is traditionally served outside on a table covered in newspaper. For winter, consider serving on a large cutting board garnished with lemons and your favorite hot sauce.