Zucchini Flowers Print
These are almost too cute to eat… but trust us, you’re going to want to eat them!
Prep Time:30 minutes
- 2 zucchini, sliced with “T-shaped” peeler and rolled into “flowers”
- 3 yellow squash, sliced with “T-shaped” peeler and rolled into “flowers”
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut in half into “flowers”
- 1 bunch of scallions, whites sliced and green tops cut into 1-inch sections
- 1 can of crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Garlic and Herb Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Using a “T-shaped” peeler, peel each side of the squash and zucchini into thin strips and roll into “flowers.”
- Cut the tomatoes in half “jagged” to resemble a flower when halves are pulled apart.
- Slice scallions and reserve green tops.
- Combine crushed tomatoes, melted Minerva Dairy Garlic and Herb Butter, sea salt, pepper, oregano and sliced scallions (white part) and place into big baking dish - cover entire bottom evenly.
- Place the tomato “flowers” and squash/zucchini “flowers” into baking dish alternating green and yellow as much as possible.
- Fill in around “flowers” with 1-inch pieces of green scallion.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add sea salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes to eliminate some excess moisture.