Zuppa de Venae Print
This recipe may be straight from Venae’s Kitchen, but it’ll take you straight to Italy. Flavor like this can only come from Minerva Dairy’s Garlic Herb Butter!
Prep Time:20 minutes
- 12 oz. package of Pecorino & Potato mini ravioli
- 1 white onion, diced small
- 1 stalk of celery, diced small
- 4 Tbsp. Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed rosemary
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 carrot, diced small
- 18 cups chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated parmesan for garnish
- In a large pot, brown the hot Italian sausage and add the rosemary and pepper flakes.
- Remove from pan along with most of the grease and drain on paper-lined plate.
- In the same pot, melt the Minerva Dairy Garlic and Herb Butter. Sauté the vegetables until soft and fragrant. Add the black pepper, sea salt and oregano. Add the sausage back in and combine. Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice and then add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- While boiling, add the mini ravioli and cook until ravioli are soft. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve with a slice or two of crusty bread!