Bacon Cheddar Scones
Bacon Cheddar Scones
Recipe and Images Provided by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
Be sure to keep up with our latest creations through our Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram pages.
So, without further ado, here’s 2 Cookin’ Mamas’ recipe for Bacon Cheddar Scones:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick Minerva butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup fat-free half and half
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in cold butter using a pastry cutter, your fingers or a food processor until it resembles coarse crumbs. There can be some small pieces of butter left that didn’t get mixed in all the way.
- Add spinach, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion to flour-butter mixture. Toss to mix.
- Stir in half and half until all ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms. I like to use my hands to knead the ingredients together. Note: If the dough is too crumbly, add a little more half and half. Be very careful with adding extra as you do not want a wet dough.
- Divide dough into 10 portions, roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 1-2″ apart.
- Bake immediately, while dough is still cold, for 13 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- Cook on rack or serve warm.
2 Cookin’ mamas