Butter and Cream Poached Eggs
Recipe and Images Courtesy of The Wicked Noodle
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Butter & Cream Poached Eggs:
- 1 tbsp Minerva Dairy Butter (use your favorite flavor)!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup high-quality heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Melt the butter in a small, oven-safe (I just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds). Crack the eggs into the dish, then pour the cream over the yolks into the dish.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until the eggs are done to your liking. 8 minutes gives a thick yolk that’s not runny, so add or subtract a minute or two depending on your preference.
- STOVETOP: Melt the butter in a small saucepan and pour in the cream. Carefully slip the eggs into the cream and gently simmer until the eggs are done to your liking.