Buttery Seasoned Snack Mix
Recipe and Images Courtesy of The Cooking Bride
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Buttery Seasoned Snack Mix:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter
- 3 cups cheese crackers
- 2 cups mini twist pretzels
- 3 cups puffed cereal
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup popped popcorn kernels
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large rimmed baking or roasting pan.
- While the butter is melting, combine the cheese crackers, pretzels and cereal.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and onion powder to the melted butter and stir.
- Pour the cracker/cereal mixture over the melted butter and stir until everything is completely coated with the butter mixture.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Add the popcorn and stir.
- Roast for an additional five minutes.
- Allow the snack mix to cool slightly before serving.
- Makes nine cups.