Caramel Apple Whoopie Pies
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Lemons For Lulu
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Caramel Apple Whoopie Pies:
- 1/2 cup Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Apple Pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the batter alternately with the milk, beat until combined.
- Place cookies on lined baking sheets and bake for 10-13 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream together until smooth. Mix in vanilla and ice cream topping. Add enough milk until the frosting is a spreadable consistency.
- Fill pairs of cookies with the frosting and apple slices.
- Store whoopie pies in an airtight container.
LEMONS FOR LULU