Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Cheesy Grits:
- 2 cups southern white grits (quick grits)
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter, cubed
- 1/2 lb. Shredded Cheddar
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Bacon Bits
- Bring milk, sea salt, pepper and water to a near boil.
- Add grits, stirring, cook for one minute, then add butter and cheeses.
- Stir constantly until all is melted and really creamy.
- Cover and turn the heat to low/simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.