chicken pot pie soup
Recipe and Images Provided by Strawberry blondie kitchen
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Minerva Dairy butter
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 12 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 medium sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 heavy cream
Puff Pastry croutons
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg wash (whisked egg)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Into a large pot, melt butter, over medium heat.
- Add in celery, onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add in salt, pepper, dried thyme, sage and dill weed.
- Pour in mixed vegetables, potatoes, chicken stock and chicken breasts. Bring to a boil, and then reduce down to a simmer and cook for 30-35 minutes or until chicken breasts shred easily.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred. Place back into soup and stir in cream.
- Ladle the Chicken Pot Pie soup into bowls and top with puff pastry croutons
Puff pastry croutons
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a sheet of puff pastry onto a cookie sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Cut into 36 squares.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown.