Classic Minerva Butter Pound Cake
Classic Minerva Butter Pound Cake Recipe
Recipe and Images Courtesy of The Savvy Mama Lifestyle
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
Be sure to keep up with our latest creations through our Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram pages.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Classic Minerva Butter Pound Cake:
- Baking spray with flour
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted Minerva Dairy butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest (2 oranges)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Prepare two load pans (8½x4½x2½) with flour baking spray and coat evenly on all sides. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, while tilting the pans to evenly coat the edges with sugar. This will act as a sugar crust. Set aside.
- Combine your cake flour and salt together, in a sifter. Pass the mixture from one bowl into the other three times.
- Using an electric mixer or hand mixer, beat your unsalted Minerva Dairy butter and granulated sugar on a medium speed for five minutes. It will be light yellow and fluffy.
- With the mixer on a medium-low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and orange zest. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture while alternating with the cream. Begin and end with the flour mixture and scrape the sides after each addition. Beat on a medium speed for three minutes after adding the remaining of the flour mixture.
- Pour your batter evenly into prepared pans and smooth the top.
- Place the pound cake loaves into a cold oven. Turn the oven on to 350º and bake for 50-55 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Carefully, flip over each loaf onto a cutting board. Once completely cooled, cut 1 inch thick slices. Serve with whipped topping, berries, or chocolate ganache.