Easy Popovers with Blueberry Basil Butter
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s Stawberry Blondies’ recipe for Easy Popovers with Blueberry Basil Butter:
- 4 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter, melted, slightly cooled and divided
- 1 1/3 cup Milk, room temperature
- 4 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Blueberry Basil Butter
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Recipe Variations and Tips
- Add in some shredded cheese such as parmesan, swiss or gouda. If using cheese, fold in after you blend the flour and salt.
- Switch up the butter you use. Minerva Dairy also has a garlic herb butter that is phenomenal on these popovers, stirred in potatoes or on top of a sizzling steak!
- Or you could also make your own compound butter with these combinations; strawberry basil butter, blackberry thyme or maple syrup and bacon for a sweet and salty combo.
- Popovers are best served immediately when they’re hot and fresh.
- DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN! You will have deflated popovers.
- Preheat oven to 425° and place popover pan or muffin tin into oven.
- Into a blender, add 3 tablespoons melted butter, eggs and milk and blend for 1 minute. Add in flour and salt and blend for an additional minute.
- Carefully remove popover pan from oven and grease with remaining tablespoon melted butter.
- Pour batter into cavities, about 3/4 full and place into oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425°, then reduce heat to 350° and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN!
Blueberry Basil Butter
- Place butter, blueberries, basil and lemon zest (if using) into a stand mixer bowl and beat until combined and blueberries are mashed.
- Place into an air tight container or wrap into saran wrap and place into the refrigerator until ready to use.