Golden Cauliflower Soup
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Spinach Tiger
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Golden Cauliflower Soup:
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 shallots
- 4 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Salted butter
- 4 tablespoons turmeric spice divided
- 1 teaspoon milk curry spice
- 1 can coconut milk (can use 1/3 cup heavy cream)
- 2 cups hot water or broth
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim off the stems of the cauliflower.
- Mix butter with 2 tablespoons turmeric. Rub butter all over cauliflower.
- Roast cauliflower and whole shallots together.
- Check at 20 minutes. Shallots may need to be removed.
- Continue roasting for another 20 minutes or until softened. I discovered an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is good.
- Once you take cauliflower out of the oven, cut into pieces that will fit in your blender. RESERVE a few end tidbits for garnish.
- Using a heavy-duty blender, put in coconut milk, 1 cup broth, cauliflower, shallots, curry spice, making sure to put liquid in first. Add turmeric a little at a time. You may not need it all. You can use boiled hot water in place of broth. Add more broth as needed. You want the soup texture to be creamy but thick enough to hold the toppings.
- Season with salt and pepper, and taste for spiciness. You may want to add in more turmeric and curry powder, a little at a time.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in frying pan. Toast almonds for a minute or two until golden.
- Garnish soup.
- Pour soup in bowls. Add cauliflower tidbits, chopped parsley, pomegranate arils, almonds.