Grilled Cheese Bacon and Creamy Avocado Sandwich
Recipe and Image Courtesy of Sandra’s Easy Cooking
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Grilled Cheese Bacon and Creamy Avocado Sandwich:
- 4-6 slices crispy bacon, depending on your taste
- 2 tbsp per sandwich Minerva Dairy Butter
- 4 slices of thick toast
- 1 ripe avocado mashed and mixed with a dash of salt, black pepper, and 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped per sandwich
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices brie cheese, optional
- Make bacon on the skillet, oven, or use air fryer if available to cook it until crispy or to your preference. Place it on a piece of paper towel and set aside.
- Butter each slice of bread with softened Minerva Dairy Butter. I used unsalted, but garlic herb butter or sea-salt could be used as well.
- Spread on one side of the toast creamy avocado, add a bit of finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, which is optional, then add cheese and bacon. Top with more cheese and place the second slice of toast on the top.
- Heat your buttered skillet or a griddle and place a sandwich on top to toast. It is not necessary, but you may use a cast iron grill press if you have one. It gives you the most fantastic grill marks.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side or until it is golden brown. You may take it off the heat, and cover for a minute so the cheese could completely melt.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Use thick toast like Texas toast because it holds all the ingredients much better. This sandwich becomes a party in your mouth.
- You may use other types of cheese, whichever you prefer.
- If you do not eat pork bacon use turkey bacon.
- If you are vegetarian, you may make it without the bacon and perhaps use mushrooms. It is very delicious without it.