Italian Style Biscuits with Sausage and Mozzarella
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Spinach Tiger
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Italian Style Biscuits with Sausage and Mozzarella:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces cooked Italian sausage drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 ounce pepperoni chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Mix all dry ingredients together with a whisk, including herbs.
- Add butter to flour mixture, using a pastry cutter or your hands.
- Add in cheese, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, sausage, pepperoni.
- Add in buttermilk with a wooden spoon. Mixture should still be very sticky.
- Pat into a round about 7 inches in diameter. Depending on size of your biscuit cutter, you will get from 8 to 10 biscuits.
- Arrange them in a circle, touching each other.
- Bake at 450 degrees F, 230 C for 15 minutes.
Tip: You can make buttermilk by adding 1 teaspoon white vinegar to whole milk.