Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 boneless strip steak
- 4 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 lb. Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- In skillet, melt 1 tablespoon Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter. Sear the steak on medium-high heat, seasoning with salt and pepper, to desired temperature. Remove from heat and let rest.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice 1 side of each pepper off to create a vessel for the Philly Cheesesteak filling. Then, cut the removed slices of pepper into thin strips.
- In skillet, melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add onions, garlic, pepper strips, and mushrooms. Saute in butter until softened. Add Worcestershire sauce and cook for a few additional minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese then a pinch of shredded Gouda in the inside of each pepper. Slice the rested steak and put a layer of steak slices into each pepper. Then, add a layer of sauteed vegetable mixture. If space allows, add a second layer of steak and of sauteed vegetable mixture. Finally, top each pepper with remaining shredded Gouda.
- Bake until peppers are cooked through and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.