Lemon Bars with Glaze
Recipe and Images Provided by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s 2 Cookin Mama’s recipe for Lemon Bars with Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Minerva Dairy unsalted butter
- 3/4-1 cup sugar (depending on your preferred sweetness level)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- Zest of 1 whole lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder *use 3/4 teaspoon for more cake-like brownies
- Garnish: additional lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper in both directions and allow it to hang over the edge. This acts like a sling and will aid in removing brownies from the dish.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Continue beating at lower speed while adding eggs, one at a time.
- Then add lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cool, lift out of baking dish using the parchment paper sling. Place on wire rack.
- Mix the 3 ingredients for the glaze together until smooth.
- Pour lemon glaze over the cooled brownies then sprinkle a little more zest over the top (if desired). Let cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.