Prep Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 1 lb. ziti pasta
- 6 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 4 ounces Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter (plus 1 tablespoon to grease baking dish)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan (plus 1/3 cup set aside)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1, 5oz. container seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cook pasta until al dente or according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.
- Brown pancetta until crispy, set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any drippings.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, melt the Minerva Dairy Sea Salt butter then add flour. Whisk until smooth. Then, cook for another 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add half & half, sea salt, black pepper, ¾ cup Parmesan, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Continue to cook and stir. As the sauce begins to thicken, add lemon zest and remove from heat.
- In a food processor, pulse the croutons until they become crumbs and add the remaining 1/3 cup of Parmesan. Pulse a few more times to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and drained pasta, cream sauce, basil, oregano, pancetta, and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Pour pasta mixture into greased 9”x13” baking dish and top with the crumbled crouton mixture. Drizzle with melted Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter and bake until bubbly and golden brown.