Minerva Dairy Potato Soup
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Potato Soup:
- 1 1/2 lbs. of Swiss Cheese
- 1 stick of Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 large Onions, chopped
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- 2 Celery, sliced
- 3-5 lbs. of Potatoes, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups of Milk
- 1 lb of Bacon, cooked crispy
- Combine onions, carrots, celery in a large sauce pan with butter and cook until translucent.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes and cook until tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add milk and stir in cheese and bacon.
- Thicken with roux of either flour and water or cornstarch and water if needed.