Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Mushroom Chowder:
- 1 pound of Button Mushrooms or Cremini Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Medium Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter, melted
- 1 cup Red Potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 3 cup and 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Chives
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Celery tops
- Melt Sea Salt Butter over medium heat and sauté onions, carrots and celery until softened and fragrant.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms, celery tops, chives, parsley, and seasonings and cover, simmering for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.