Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Minerva Dairy Maple Syrup Butter, melted (plus more for spreading on pancakes)*
- 1 tablespoon Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter
*If you can’t find Minerva Dairy Maple Syrup Butter, try mixing softened Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter with a splash of maple extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients (buttermilk, vanilla, cinnamon, and egg). Combine wet and dry ingredients in batches. Add melted Minerva Dairy Maple Syrup Butter and stir until batter is combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and melt Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter. Use a ¼ or ⅓ measuring cup to scoop batter into the skillet. Let the pancakes cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles begin popping on the surface and edges are set. Carefully flip each pancake and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove pancakes and set aside on a plate covered with a kitchen towel or on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven to keep warm until ready to serve. Serve with warm maple syrup and remaining Minerva Dairy Maple Syrup butter.